SAHUC are committed to being transparent about why we request your personal
details and how we use your information in order to carry out our duties.
process it and who we share your data with while complying with our legal
obligations under the Protection of Personal Information (PoPI) Act. Your Privacy is
important to SAHUC and we will ensure your rights are respected.
● What personally identifiable information is collected from me?
● How is the information collected used?
● How we protect your privacy on online community?
● External Links of our website?
● Are my web journeys being monitored?
● How can I access and update my personal information?
As a general rule, SAHUC will not disclose any of your personal identifiable
information, except with an accredited Hajj Operator who you will be compelled to contract with to complete your Hajj
What personally identifiable information is collected from me?
When you register on the SAHUC portal – we collect your personal information
relevant to the registration process. The information collected includes but not limited
to, your full name, postal address, postcode, telephone number, cell phone number,
How is the information collected used?
SAHUC uses your information as explained below unless you have specially notified
us not to.
● SAHUC will use your personal details to process your Hajj accreditation.
● SAHUC may also use your information for administrative purposes which include
updating you about any changes to our services or policies.
● SAHUC may also use your information to send you communications about our
events and activities.
● SAHUC may send you direct communique that we feel may be of interest to you.
● SAHUC may on occasion work with third parties. Third parties will be bound by a confidentiality agreement which would prevent them from using your information for any other purpose than described on this policy.
We will never sell your details to any third parties.
However, please be advised when using our secure online registration or payment
transaction pages you will be redirected to industry trusted third party websites
enabling you to make secure payments/event registrations.
NB: For online credit/debit card transactions you will be redirected to a secure third
party payment portal. We do not store credit/debit card details. In this way SAHUC
abides by the strict industry-wide credit/debit card security standards (Payment Card
Industry and Data Security Standards).
● By registering on the SAHUC website, it is understood that SAHUC has obtained
your consent for use of your personal information for purposes as stated in this
● In the event of collecting your sensitive personal information, we will ensure you are
fully made aware as to why we are collecting the data and what the intended use
are. We will, of course, rely on your explicit consent before any collection of data
takes place. All uses of information are described in this policy and we won’t use it
for any other purpose than described.
How we protect your privacy online?
When you give us your personal details that information may be stored and
processed outside of the RSA and we take steps to ensure that your information is
treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be 100%
guaranteed. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we
cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you
do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort
to ensure its security on our systems.
External Links of our website?
SAHUC website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We
cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not
managed by us.
Are my web journeys being monitored?
Yes. We monitor our web page users’ journeys via Google analytics. We do so to
improve our online services and to provide best and effective online assistance for
our users. The webpage users remain anonymous throughout our monitoring
activities and analysis.
How can I access and update my personal information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to SAHUC. You
may login to the SAHUC portal at any time to view your information. If your details are
inaccurate and you would like to update them, email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change our policy from time to time to accommodate changes to our privacy
your personal information with us. If you do not agree to these changes, please do
not continue to use the SAHUC website to submit personal information to us. If
prominent notice on the website.